Tuesday, March 6, 2012

“Give me a fish and I eat for a day. Teach me to fish and I eat for a lifetime.” -Chinese Proverb

This was my last meal as a non-meat eater. I had some flounder fillets, panko breadcrumbs and some various veggies. For an easy, quick meal I combined all these fresh, healthy ingredients together.

Flounder + Veggies
flounder fillets
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp olive oil
frozen carrots
frozen brussel sprouts
1/2 fresh tomato
salt
pepper



Cook the fish last because it cooks very quickly. Heat your pan on medium-high heat, add one tablespoon of olive oil and add in your frozen veggies, after five minutes add salt and pepper. Stir occasionally and allow the veggies to get crispy. Once the veggies are close to being done, take your flounder and dip in the milk and straight into the panko breadcrumbs. Place on another skillet, on medium-high heat with the other tablespoon of olive oil. Let each side cook for about 2-3 minutes.

Once everything is cooked, slice up some fresh tomato, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper - plate the rest of your meal and enjoy. This simple, healthy meal should leave you feeling energized and happy with your dinner decision.

Enjoy! xo Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment