Thursday, October 13, 2011

I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so

Take an edible tour into the Asian island of Japan with this delicious, nutrient-rich, flavor-popping meal. One Friday night my husband and I were craving Japanese but we didn't want sushi...what were our options? We found some sushi grade tuna that was encrusted with black peppercorns, we grabbed two tuna steaks and at home we had edamame and arborio rice to make risotto.

I kept the tuna steaks in the fridge to chill as I prepared the rest of the dinner items. Risotto would take the longest, I drizzle my dutch oven with olive oil then pour in a cup of arborio Italian-style rice, I toast the rice and then fill with half water (2 cups) and half chicken stock (2 cups). Cover the rice and let cook for five minutes, stir and add salt and pepper. Cook for another five minutes. Once the liquid starts to absorb in the rice you can add any ingredients you desire. I chose to add sliced mushrooms, onions and goat cheese. Cover once more and the goat cheese should melt into the rice adding a velvety, bold flavor.



Once the risotto is done, set on low heat to keep warm and add olive oil into a saute pan. Then add in the edamame with some salt and pepper. Allow the edamame to saute and become tender. Once the edamame is warmed throughout then plate the edamame with the risotto. Take the tuna steaks out of the fridge and plate. Create a soy, wasabi sauce by mixing a teaspoon of wasabi with each tablespoon of soy sauce. Dip your tuna into the Japanese sauce and enjoy!


Enjoy! xo Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment