Sunday, August 7, 2011

Laisser les bons temps rouler!!!

As the Cajun's like to say...let the good times roll! New Orleans is a great place to visit, when you live in Texas it feels like a grand vacation! Delicious food, great sights, drinkable hurricanes...what else could you ask for?! 


I felt like bringing a bit of New Orleans into our kitchen so I grabbed my leftover turkey cutlets, butter beans and brussel sprouts out of the fridge and worked up a 'magnifique' Cajun concoction! 


Cajun Turkey

turkey cutlets (or chicken)
1/8 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder
a pinch of cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp salt
a pinch of pepper
1/8 tsp thyme
1/8 tsp oregano

Rinse the turkey and mix the spices together, sprinkle the spices over the cutlets, place on a saute pan with olive oil and cook for 20-25 minutes.



Creamy Butter Beans


I love beans, they are high in protein, filling and go with any meal. Lately I've been exploring more bean options (I'm a sucker for black beans), I found butter beans (if you don't have butter beans use Great Northern beans, cannelini beans, kidney beans or black beans). They are larger and very creamy in texture. I added them from the can to a sauce pan with a touch of olive oil, milk and a sprinkle of flour on medium-low heat. The combination of milk and flour will create a luscious, creamy sauce with the beans. 


Brussel Sprouts with Red Onion and Garlic

I had frozen brussel sprouts in the freezer, I threw those in a saute pan with a bit of olive oil along with sliced red onion and crushed garlic. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper and let saute for about 10-15 minutes.

This meal is easy to prepare and sensational on the palate! Pair this dish with a chardonnay, rum hurricane or red zinfandel.

Bonjour mes amis! xo Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment